Pools do not lose ¼ inches of water a day due to evaporation, no matter what the weather and climatic condition in your location is. So, if your pool is losing more than 2 inches of water in a week, this means the swimming pool is leaking. Pools must be airtight; leakage problem can deteriorate the condition of your pool quickly. Pool leak can occur through plumbing parts, fittings, or through the shells. When you detect pool leak, you must review the following things:
How to detect whether the pool is leaking?
If you want to confirm a leak, you can use these two methods to detect leakage:
1. Tape Marking Method: Mark the pool water at the skimmer using tape. Check the mark after 24 hours and see whether the level has gone down or not.
2. Bucket Method: Place a bucket filled with pool water on your pool step. Mark the level of water on both the outside and the inside of the bucket using a permanent marker pen. Check the mark 24 hours later and see if there is any difference in the level of water based on the markings.
Where exactly is the pool leaking?
• Look closely the fittings, equipment and piping areas to check if pool is leaking at the plumbing system. Leakage occurs at plumbing systems because of different reasons such as low quality pipe material, installation quality, configurations and more.
• Check the surroundings of the pool and the ground for moisture. Pool leaking also occurs due to cracked pool plaster, poor condition of liners, and worn out equalizer line.
• Check the pool liner, skimmers, pool steps, and the corners to determine the exact leakage location.
When pool leak cannot be determined by above methods?
Pool leak detection is a highly specialized work, and sometimes need professional help to detect leak & repair it. They use compressed air method wherein compressed air is used to build up pressure in the pool pipes to detect the problem area. Sometimes, they also use hi-tech machines such as geophones to listen for the leak and dig wherever necessary! A secondary leak detection of underground pipe lines is also required if plumbing system is working fine.
Pool Leak Repair with Pool Professionals
• Once the leak is detected, pool professionals will provide you with quote for structural repairs, plumbing repairs, or other services required.
• Upon receiving approval of the repair cost, your pool company will perform the pool leak repair within few business days.
If you detect leakage in your pool, call only local licensed pool repair Houston Company in order to get the best services at best rates. Pool repair leaks are not only required to eliminate water loss but also prevent damage to undermining pool structural components.