With each passing day, options available for the hardscape of a pool area are increasing widely. The plain concrete patios are becoming a thing of the past. Ranging from natural bluestone to composite wood, homeowners can now achieve a look that matches the natural landscape around the pool area seamlessly. While for those who prefer a concrete patio, stamped surfaces and pavers can update this material and give it a more stylized & modernized look. When planning your hardscape area, safety, aesthetics, and durability are the main considerations to be taken care of. For the same you can fix an appointment with the company offering pool repair services in Houston as their team of experts can ease your work by delivering the best services.
NATURAL STONE POOL PATIOS
The biggest advantage of natural stone hardscape is that it is durable and offers a sophisticated appeal to the swimming pool area due to its different types and colors. However, the natural stone is porous so it should be sealed yearly to protect it from chemicals and weather. If individual stones break or become withered, this type of patio can be repaired by replacing them without disrupting the entire patio.
• BLUESTONE – Bluestone hardscaping is a blue-gray flagstone which is both non-slip and resistant to water. It is a good choice for swimming areas for it stands up well to hard use. Bluestone is available in uniform, non-uniform, and smooth textures and offers a perfect blend with the natural landscape.
• FLAGSTONE – Likewise bluestone all types of flagstone create a non-slip surface that is resistant to hard wear and water. It is available in warm, earth tones.
• SLATE – Slate is just another type of flagstone that is highly durable. The material can be cut in different ways to create a customized look thus making the installation an easy process.
• TRAVERTINE – Travertine is a hardscape material that is as beautiful as it is durable. Colors include ivory, brown, and gold. One of its distinct advantages is its resistance to heat, providing a cool surface for swimmers and patio loungers. The porous nature of travertine causes it to absorb water incredibly quickly, which provides a non-slip surface.
• LIMESTONE – Limestone can be cut in many shapes and sizes, it is an easy stone to work into virtually any design. It is available in multiple colors including pink, brown, blue, and gray and can hold up well to hard wear and weather changes.
CONCRETE PAVERS AND STAMPED PATIOS
Concrete is a highly versatile and durable hardscape material, and its maintenance cost is also low. It is less expensive than the natural stone, concrete can be textured, stamped or treated in other ways to resemble other natural materials, making it a good option for homeowners seeking to save money without sacrificing aesthetic appeal. With concrete, you can achieve any shape and it is also easier to incorporate curves into your hardscape design with this material. There is a drawback, stamped concrete tends to crack, hence, proper maintenance becomes quite critical. But concrete pavers tend to crack less and can be more easily replaced.
Planning the hardscape that surrounds your swimming pool is an essential part of the design process. Discuss the options with a reliable company offering pool repair services in Houston to determine the best option for your outdoor living area.